Sunday, November 22, 2015

I Learned The Truth, It's Seventeen

     (With apologies to singer-songwriter -- and SF fan! -- Janis Ian).  I was going to write a brrrr-ific post about how the outside temperature was in the 20s and only a couple of days ago we were still enjoying highs in the 50s and whine a little bit about Nature and Its Wonders and maybe snark a little.

     Then I thought, I'd better check the temp or some petulant neckbeard will show up in comments and chide me over it having "...ackshully been thirty degrees...."

     Yeah, dream on.  As I write this, the official Indianapolis temperature is 17ºF, with wind chill making it feel like 8ºF.  Eight. Flippin. F. Degrees.

     I got nothin' for that.  I'm gonna go snuggle with the cats.  You call me up about Springtime.

9 comments:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

I showed this to my wife, and she laughed and said, "My sentiments exactly!"

B said...

'twas 9F *ACTUAL* here this morning.

All the snow that had melted into slush has become rock hard.

all we kin do is look forward to springtime.

Drang said...

Brrr.

pigpen51 said...

Up Michigan way, same tune, same song, different ending. Thanksgiving day predicted temps back in the 50's. We have come to expect this from Michigan. We call it winter.

Roberta X said...

B, you *do* know how to make me feel better! ;)

B said...

I try....

I was serious about sassafrass root too...

Lots grows near the big lake ...

I know people....

Anonymous said...

17 F?

*Ugh*.

I feel for all of you up there. On the upside, the warm electric blanket should attract the meowing (and occasional *yowling*) furballs.

They predicted El Nino this year, and down here it looks like a repeat of 1998.

December 1998 it rained every day but maybe 3. That's unusual as winter is usually the cool, dry season while summer is usually stinking hot and humid and rainy.

The weird interaction of the jetstream (usually much further north in winter) on the seabreeze at night brewed violent thunderstorms that spawned tornadoes at oh-dark-thirty. One of those tornado outbreaks killed 40 people. Being normal people that worked in the day they had the gall to sleep at night and not hear the tornado warnings.

Not looking forward to winter this year at all...

Anonymous said...

EDIT - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1998_Kissimmee_tornado_outbreak

Drang said...

BTW, thanks heaps for the earworm...